Did you know that Manhattan has some excellent wineries? Whether you’re an avid wine enthusiast or just looking for a fun activity for the day, Manhattan has many great wineries to explore. From Liquid art winery and Estate, Oz Winery, Prairie Fire Winery to Smoky Hill Vineyards and Winery there’s an enjoyable time to be had.
While there are many wineries to explore in Manhattan, I will give a few good ones to start your journey. At the end of this article, I’ve put a link to a Web page that has more details about Manhattan wine tourism. The Five vineyards mentioned in this article are great, but there are plenty more vineyards in Manhattan to explore.
The most popular winery in Manhattan was established by Danielle and David Tegtmeier in 2016, and it was Liquid Art Winery and Estate. This became a popular winery while other vineyards also satisfy their fans in similar ways around Manhattan. Below is a list of some of the top wineries around Manhattan:
• Liquid Art Winery and Estate, Manhattan: Liquid Art Winery is a whole winery that has a tasting room and a comfortable space to cater for different events including weddings. It started operation in the spring of 2016. There are full provisions for their fans to enjoy a series of winery-hosted events and live music.
• Oz Winery, Wamego: Oz Winery started operation way back in 2007. They provide hand-made wines ever since the establishment by offering their fans varieties of white, red, dessert, sparkling, and blush. They also have a special slot for fans who would like to be members of their Wine Club to start enjoying some benefits not open to all. Oz Winery opens every day of the week, but time varies in the summertime as they have no plan for Sunday operation
• Prairie Fire Winery, Paxico: Prairie Fire Winery was founded back in 2008. They provide quality hand-made wines in fine varieties if red and white. Prairie Fire Winery makes their wines from Kansas grown grapes, unlike other imported grapes. They have a refreshing tasting room that shares an amazing feel. They offer many learning opportunities throughout the year. They also open seven days in a week to give their fans a non-stop moment of fun with their award-winning wines and others
• Smoky Hill Vineyards and Winery, Salina: For a very long time, Smoky Hill Vineyards and Winery have been operating. They have been producing quality wines since 1991. Smoky Hill Vineyards and Winery is a family-owned business started by Kay Bloom and Steve Jennings who planted their first plants on an acre in Saltina. After the Kay and Boom generation, the next Smoky Hill Vineyards and Winery came into existence when Jen and Norm Jennings decided to put the vineyard for sale so as to concentrate on their ministries. Red George, who had initially owned a vineyard (White Cross Vineyard) saw this as an opportunity and the vineyard was passed on to the new family.
• Wyldewood Cellars Winery, Paxico: Wyldewood Cellars Winery is a small-scale business run by a family. They started operation in 1995. They boast of scientific and old world wine techniques. Their wines have received a whopping over five hundred awards outside New York with a wonderful featuring of their spiced wine at the Winter Olympic Village of 2002. Wyldewood Cellars Winery also produce a good number of non-alcoholic wines apart from the over 40 wines they are well known for. Their award-winning wines are available for sale right at their winery or at any retail liquor store that sells quality wines all over the state. They are always in operation for seven days throughout the week from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm for Mondays to Saturdays and 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm on Sundays.
Wineries are a great place to go with the love of your life for a special occasion. Take your friends and have a relaxing day of food and wine. Most wineries in Manhattan have events throughout the year, just get on their web site and see what events they will be having.
Also, if you are a lover of wines and good food, this is already a great reason for you to go on Manhattan winery tours. Aside from giving you a chance to sample the best wines and gourmet delicacies of the region, these tours will also allow you to experience among the most beautiful landscapes in the country.